Local Government Waste Forum
The Local Government Waste Forum (the Forum) consists of representatives from the nine councils across the Barwon South West region. Each council nominates one representative to the Forum (generally a Councillor) as well as an advisory member. The Forum meets four to five times per year.
The forum supports the effective operation of the BSWWRRG by:
- Advising the BSWWRG Board on matters and issues affecting the role of councils in waste management and resource recovery.
- Acting as a conduit between BSWWRRG and councils, including assisting the Board to engage with councils on the planning and management of waste.
- Nominating Forum representatives to be appointed to the Board.
- Developing councils’ capacity to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable waste and resource recovery planning and management.
- Engaging with industry, government and community stakeholders to improve waste and resource recovery management and planning.
Advisory Reference Group
The Forum has established an Advisory Reference Group (ARG) to provide technical advice, assistance and information to the Forum on waste and resource recovery issues. The ARG reports to the Forum and is comprised of council officers.
The ARG meets approximately five times per year.