Below are some useful resources and groups to help you do your part in tackling litter.
- Clean Up Australia inspires and empowers communities to clean up, fix up and conserve our environment.
- Keep Victoria Beautiful supports the Adopt a Roadside program.
- Beach Patrol is a grassroots community movement dedicated to keeping local beaches clean.
- EPA has a public litter reporting program that allows Victorians to report anyone they see littering in association with, or from, a vehicle.
- The Victorian Litter Action Alliance has a wide range of resources available to assist with planning and managing litter.
The organisations below are also great for support and ideas:
- Surfrider Surf Coast
- Ocean Crusaders
- Tangaroa Blue Foundation
- Pick Up Sticks
- Good Will Nurdle Hunting
- Bellarine Catchment Network – Caring For Our Bays
- Sea Shepherd Marine Debris Campaign Clean Up events
Regional Litter and Illegal Dumping Plan
Barwon South West Waste and Resource Recovery Group has developed a Regional Litter and Illegal Dumping Plan (the Litter Plan). This Barwon South West Regional Litter and Illegal Dumping Plan (the Litter Plan) sets out the framework for reducing litter and illegal dumping in the Barwon South West Region over the next five years. The purpose of the Litter Plan is to identify the
priority litter and illegal dumping issues for the region, and outline key regional actions to address these issues.
To view the plan, click here